7. mar. 2016

MAKEUP BRUSHES | BUDGET VS HIGH-END

 photo Japonesque vs Nars 00_zpsdl9tgh92.jpg
L-R: Japonesque, Nars 

Seeing double? Not really actually - I have tested these two brushes, and here's my review of them both and comparison! So, who doesn't like to know if it's better to get the premium brand rather than the more affordable one? Because usually you would spend a little extra money on the more key things - like brushes. Or that's how I like to spend my money - on the more key items like foundation, makeup-tools and eyeshadow especially, is where I spend a little more.

So when I saw that Japonesque (which are the brand who made these brushes first, not Nars) came out with new brushes - where two of them looked just like some Nars brushes, I was like - I'm gonna try those!

Japonesque Kumadori Contour & Highlight Brush [HERE] |  Nars Kabuki Yachiyo [HERE]

I have had the Nars brush for quite some time now, I must say I really like it! The brush is very soft and blends everything I have used with beautifully. I have mostly used it for setting my concealer and foundation - sometimes even for contouring. Or just to blend my "foundation" and bronzer and contour together, if it looks to harsh with the contour. 

I have been very impressed with the brush, because I have heard so many different review of both this and the Nars Ita brush (the one specific for contouring) and there has been some mixed feelings about the brush. 

I must admit though, that after washing it for the first time, it has gone a little bit more stiff. It still blends the product really good, but it's the bristles are more harsh to the skin, than before. It weighs absolute nothing, to it's easy to control.

 photo Japonesque vs Nars 02_zpshxtwk7ve.jpg
Japonesque retails for 19$/130 Kr. | Nars retails for 55$/375 Kr.

The Japonesque one I have used in the past two weeks and I can definitely say already that I do prefer this one. Not only is it half the price than the Nars brush. But it's even more soft, than the Nars one as well. 

It is a tad bigger - but the design and everything is the same. Except, the Japonesque is just better. They even started making these brushes many years ago, and then Nars kind of made them popular - especially the Ita contouring brush. The design and everything, is actually Japonesque, but yeah? I don't know how all of this really ends. Because many people and consumers firstly had a lot of hate towards Japonesque because they didn't know that, it was actually Japonesque who had made them first, so there's been some, you know. 

BUT! Why I love the Japonesque brush better? Well, as I wrote before, it's softer - even after washing it. It hasn't "lost" its softness after now two washes, so that's really good. It still performs in the same way, as before the wash. It's also very lightweight like the Nars one, so it's easy to have the control over how much pressure you want to put on, while blending the products.

So my conclusion? I would save your money, and get the Japonesque one. Even though the Nars one is really great, it's not as good as the Japonesque one. You will get more for your money, and you can buy two of the Japonesque and it will still be cheaper than buying one the Nars one! So save your hard earned money! 


SHARE:

Ingen kommentarer

Send en kommentar

© Nanna Sam. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig